Saturday, January 2, 2010

#11: Read 4+ Books


Goal #11: Read 4+ Books
Deadline: 12/31/2010

This may be a surprising goal to those who are following my blog, why? because most of them are avid readers, but not me. I never really understood the passion behind reading, except for the ocassional magazine. Im not sure why not, afterall my dad is a professor in literature and loves to read. I think I missed out on that gene. Maybe they did, but I dont remember my parents reading to me at night, once again, childhood memories for me are scarce so if they did I just dont remember. Why do people love to read so much? While researching for Project:35 and my list of books I came across this ""Reading is to mind what exercise is to the body" (Sir Richard Steele). Need to research this topic no more. That was the reason I was looking for!

Here is a list of books I have bought or borrowed in the past years that have been collecting dust for a while. My goal for this year, as a "first time reader" is 4 books, but more is definetly a possibility.
  1. Lessons For Success "Quotes to Inspire Your Personal Best" by Lorraine A. Darconte
  2. Dont Sweat The Small Stuff....and it's all small stuff (Simple ways to keep the little things from taking over your life) by Richard Carlson, P.H.D.
  3. Joy Breaks (90 Devotions to Celebrate, Simplify and Add Laughter to Your Life) by Patsy Clairmont, Barbara Johnson, Marilyn Meberg, Luci Swindoll. **This one is particularly important to read as it was a gift from a dearest friend, Margaret. She gave me this book on 12/20/2000. Thank You Margaret!
  4. Lions Dont Need To Roar (Using the leadership power of a professional presence to stand out, fit in and move ahead) by D.A. Benton
  5. The Success Principles (How to get from where you are to where you want to be) by Jack Canfield
  6. Nice Girls CAN finish first! (Getting the results you want and the respect you deserve...while still being liked) by Daylle Deanna Schwartz
  7. The Courage To Be Yourself (A woman's guide to Growing Beyond Emotional Dependence) by Sue Patton
  8. Who moved my Cheese? (An A-mazing Way To Deal with Change in Your Work and In Your Life) by Spencer Johnson, M.D.
  9. Become a Better You (7 keys to Improving Your Life Every Day) by Joel Osteen. This one is also on top of my list, it was a gift from my dear friend Philippa.
Book Wishlist:
  1. It's Your TIME (Activate your faith, achieve your dreams!) by Joel Osteen
  2. EAT, PRAY, LOVE (One Woman's Search for Everything Across Italy, India and Indonesia) By Elizabeth Gilbert.  **Recommended by my super duper friend, Tonya Boo*
If you know of any books that I might enjoy, please send the info my way :) Suggestions are encouraged and appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment