Monday, January 4, 2010

#2 - Run a 5k Deadline: 10/30/2010


What is it about running a 5K that is on every bucket list out there? I dont know for everybody else, but for me, I have been after that illusive FINISH LINE for far too damm long! I dont think there is a better feeling than the one you feel when you cross a finish line. Have you seen the people that run marathons or thriathlons? Most of them lift their hands up and with total exhilaration says YESSSSS! I did that!!!! Im a total sucker for these type of events, but I havent been able to take myself seriously enough to compete in one. So far I have told  myself that since you cant do it you might as well support those who can. Dont get me wrong, I LOVE waiting for my friends at the finish line and celebrating their big win, but a little bird in my head says, cmon Karla, you can do it too!!  I have been dreaming about that finish like for far too long. Its time to put the foot where the mouth is and accomplish it!

The Event!
2010 Monster Mash 5k
2010 Monster Mash 5K

The Date!
Saturday October 30, 2010

If my calculations are right, I have left:     298 : 10 : 17 : 22

                                                              Days Hours Mins Secs

How am I going to get this done?  Well, there is an APP for that! Ill be using my C25K program to get me ready! First day to start training: 01/09/2010

If you have any tips about getting int the best shape possible for this event, please send them my way.

This one for sure will be a sweet cross out on my list!

No comments:

Post a Comment