Thursday, December 31, 2009

"Where It Came From"

So by now you know I want to do something radical with my life before the end of year 2010. Are you wondering where I got the idea from? Let me tell you, it wasnt just from one place, or experience(s), or even lack there of. The idea came from came from a couple and very different instances. Some of them will make sense, and some will not. Thats OK, they all made perfect sense to me, and that is why Im now here, at the beginning of this exciting journey.

Here are all the things that cosmically came together to hit me in the head, like a frying pan and said "wake UP"!

The Movie: Julia & Julia (2009) - Julia Child and Julie Powell - both of whom wrote memoirs - find their lives intertwined. Though separated by time and space, both women are at loose ends... until they discover that with the right combination of passion, fearlessness and butter, anything is possible. This movie gave me the idea to blog about my project and to keep my friends and family looped into what I wanted to accomplish and maybe get a little encouragement when things didnt go exactly as planned.

The Christmas Letter - A very dear friend of mine sent a letter describing all she did in 2008, and now again in 2009. Her letter was full of adventures, some difficult moments, but most of all, you could feel the sense of total accomplishment through her words. She is a class act, never fearful, never says she cant, a great inspiration, even if she doesnt know it. She is "life's cheerleader" and Im thankful every day because she is in  my life.

The Kindest Heart - Another dear friend of mine spends most of her days (busy days) helping others. Her volunteer commitment is superior to any other person I know. Her smile is contagious and her spirit is total class. While she might not realize it, it is because of her that I finally understood that is NOT always about me and that when others need help I can put my two good hands to work for them.

The Little Voice - You know what voice Im talking about, that little voice in the back of your head that says "hey, hey you, pssssttt!!!!" wanna come out and play? So after much "couch searching" and many sleepless nights I just decided to give SOMETHING, ANYTHING a chance! Like a fad diet, Ive tried everything else, and nothing had worked, so why not try this? What could happen? Failure? Guess what, the most succesful/happy people didnt get there in a straight shot, they had to work at it. If they can do it, so can I!

Lets get busy! Time to post the list...In....3....2....1.....Push the Little Red Button! Zoommmmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment